Loving the MTC!

We got our first letter from Roach yesterday and we will be posting some of her letters. So check back often to see how she is doing. This is her address at the MTC if you want to write to her:


Here is part of her first letter home


Dear Family,

I only have a minute but they wanted me to write and let you k now I am okay and they are treating me right. Mom, I love it!! My companions name is Sister Peterson and she is beautiful. I love her! I am the junior companion til next week and then we'll switch. I can tell you that the spirit is so strong here. We pray a ton! I have already had the opportunity to bear my testimony once. It doesn't seem like there are enough hours in a day to study and we need to do everything necessary to be a great missionary! The Elders are so sweet. They say, " Hey Sister" everytime we pass. The sisters here sing all the time and the spirit is amazing. I guess I am a little overwhelmed, but not at all questioning, " What in the hec am I doing here?"
I live in a room with 6 sisters. All very sweet. My companion has a boyfriend serving in the Johannesburg So. Africa mission. Pretty cool! I love her! Lights out pretty soon, so I'll try my best to write more. I can only write letters on P-Day. I love you all so much and I know the Lord is watching over you. I know there is no better place on earth I could be right now. I am happy and I have friends! Lots of them! I know the church is true and I love being here. I love you guys so much and I hope you have a wonderful week. Thanks for all the support. I love you all so much and would love to hear from you.
Love,
Sister Roach
P.S. I really wish I could express how much I realy do love it here! I hope you know I am happy!

5 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh I hope we can read more of her letters too. Are you going to be posting these often?

Love you.

Anonymous said...

I knew she would be happy. It just goes to show that she is doing what she really need to be doing right now!

Rachy said...

I am going to try to post often,(if she writes often) so come back and see what's up with the Roach!

Kohnie said...

Was not Rachel, was me Mom writing the post. I will try to update occasionally so you know what is going on with Rachel!!

Anonymous said...

Rach you are the coolest cousin. im so happy for her. love ya