Jan 19, 09

Its a close to snow as you can get... here in Florida.


Nobody answered at this place!
Jan 19, 09
Hello!
How are you all? I am doing great! This week was not too super successful. Out of our 12 new investigators from last week, we have already dropped 6 and probably will be dropping 4 more by the end of this week! One of them that isn’t dropped is Rafael. He is just doll. I love him. He is wanting to be baptized. He took us out to lunch the other day, and it was a lot of fun. He works in Fernandina but lives in Jacksonville, so he won’t be our baptism. We are still working with Lea. She is so sweet. We are still teaching Isaac. He is coming along great. That’s about all for our progressing investigators. Nothing too much, but better than nothing at all. We tracted a ton this week. Lots of crazies! We had a LOT of really mean people this week slamming doors in our faces! How rude. Its really hard to not let it get you down, but we will keep doing our best! We had one guy answer the door in just his boxers. He looked just like Santa Claus! It was so funny. He didn’t want to listen, I guess it was good for us, him being in his underwear and all! We ran into a guy that looked like a leprechaun. He said, “ I am not interested, but you both are very attractive” It was awkward. We were like, “ Oh, thanks, Have a great day.” Pretty funny. We also ran into some nuns. We knocked on this one house, we heard someone inside so we stood there longer and knocked again, but nobody. All of a sudden, a car pulls out of the driveway, so we walk towards it and the lady inside would not look at us. She backed all the way out of her driveway and left without looking at us. I thought that was pretty talented. She was avoiding us on purpose. Lame. We also met two 21 year old guys. They set up an appointment. I hope they can recognize the spirit and go for it.
So…. I was thinking about all of us the other day and just remembering funny things when I just cracked up laughing. Do you remember when we all got off the plane in San Fran and Krista had to wait behind and when she got off, we all started screaming and hugging her! That was so funny! I am laughing my head off about it just writing. Funny!
So, there are some cool scriptures I would like to share. First in D&C 58:2-4, it tells about how we don’t know what God is doing and why, but after the trial of our faith and after much tribulation comes much glory and rewards, if we are faithful. I thought that was really cool. One day I was feeling especially lonely. I got out my scriptures and starting ready Mormon 8-9 and in the beginning of 8 it talks about Moroni being all alone with absolutely nobody. My heart ached and ached for him in verse 5 he says, “ for I am alone. My father hath been slain in battle, and all my kinsfolk, and I have not friends nor whither to go; and how long the Lord will suffer that I may live I know not.” My heart just melted and I felt a deep feeling of love for Moroni. I know that sounds weird, but while I was feeling so alone, I got to read that and I felt as though Heavenly Father knew. As I kept reading, I felt very comforted. It was awesome. I thought it was cool that I was at that spot in the Book of Mormon to be able to read that on the day that I need it most. Just thought I would share that with you. I love you all so much. Keep reading the Book of Mormon. You will gain such a strong testimony of the Book for Mormon when you read everyday! I love you guys!



Love, Roach

4 comments:

RussNatEvans said...

Oh man that makes me miss my mission. I can tell you make one great missionary! I'm sorry I havent sent any letters to you. In fact I have one on my dresser from a couple of months ago-stamp and all. Sorry. Hope all is well!! Russ and I just had our baby in Jan. I announced I was prego in my letter. What a slacker I am. Hope you are enjoying every minute. it goes by too quickly. Love ya!

Lindsay said...

She is so funny! I am glad she is doing so good! :)

Anonymous said...

I wish I could mail her some snow!

Bastian's said...

She is AMAZING! Love that girl! She sent Jaden that picture of her knocking on the porta-potty! He loves it, she is such a goofball.