Feb 23.09

Hi,
Things are going really well this week. Some of our investigators are doing really well. We are teaching some really cool people. One of them is Angelo. He is really cool. He is set to be baptized on the 8th. We are also teaching Charles. He is 25. We taught him the first lesson and had the most amazing experience I have had yet on my mission. Very spiritual and just left me speechless. We are also teaching Charlie. He is very excited about the Book of Mormon. Everytime we ask him what he learned in his reading the night before, he will tell us for 20 minutes every detail of what he learned in that chapter. It is really cool. He had to move, so one of the other Elders will be teaching him. Another investigator Ernie came to church and just loved it. We have high hopes for these people. So, this morning I was cleaning the bathroom and I flushed the toilet, but the water kept coming up, up, up, and it started pouring all over the floor and for like 5 minutes it was pouring out of the toilet. It flooded the entire bathroom. I finally took off the lid and saw that the last sisters had put a bottle in there of some cleaning stuff and it was holding one of the parts down that was suppose to stop the water when it was full. We had an interesting morning. We were laughing so hard! I felt really bad because Sister Titmus got a package last week and her mom had sent her some liquid detergent. It was in a plastic bag, but it cracked and got all over everything. All over her pictures and food that her mom sent her. I love getting packages. It makes me feel special. Jenny sent me a package this week and Grandma sent me one last week! Thank you!!
I am still enjoying my jail cell.......AKA bedroom. We spend a lot of time in there. We have lot of tickle fests . We have alot of fun and we have fun doing things too. This week we were a little crazy. We played some games while contacting. While people were at red lights, we would hand them pass along cards. It was fun plus people were excited to get a card! Then we played a game to see if we could get ten people in a row to wave at us. We achieved it and we got flagged down by two different people who wanted to date us, so we taught them the gospel instead and they wanted to hear more! So so funny, but awesome. We are having fun as well as working real hard! I love the people of Florida!
Love,
Roach

0 comments: