Letter to me...

Well, Brad Paisley has got this amazing song called "Letter to me". It talks about how if he could write a letter to himself and send it back to when he was 17- It really is a good song and i encourage those of you who have not heard it, to find it somehow and listen to it. But today that song got me thinking- If i could write a letter to myself and send it back to me 3 years ago, what would it say? Well, I had to think about it for a while- But i figured a couple things out- first, of coarse i would love my Chad more! I am not quite sure if that is possible, but i would have given myself some kind of warning. And then i would tell myself my own testimony and try to convince myself to read my scriptures every single night instead of just the nights i had nothing to do. (which wasn't very often). I would be more open, loving, and accepting to those who intimidated me most- And try harder at being a NICE person. I would also tell myself to stop being selfish and retarded and make up with a couple of my best friends whom i have hurt in the past! I am sure there are many other things i could write if i thought about it long enough, but i really was just curious as to what other people thought. I would love to hear what everyone else would write themselves at age 17!

4 comments:

Kohnie said...

I would tell myself, " Don't sweat the small stuff." I would also tell myself to enjoy each stage of life because it seems to change so quickly!

Lisa and DJ said...

Wow. There are so many things I would say...don't even know where to start! I've never heard that song, I'll have to check it out!

Anonymous said...

I would say that you shouldn't worry what everyone thinks about you. You should worry about how Heavenly Father looks at you. Tell your loved ones that you love them more, and LAUGH everyday. Luaghter is good for the soul.

Mom to the Fourth Power said...

This makes me think! I would like to tell my 17 year old self to seize the day! Cherish EVERY moment with my loved ones - tell my parents how much I love & appreciate them every day and help them more, don't procrastinate but go for it NOW, to take control of my life myself and don't hold back, to make my Savior my best friend and everyone else is just a bonus... and to give myself a break and laugh at myself more.