READY, SET, GO!!!

SO- TODAY IS PRETTY EXCITING. NOT AS EXCITING AS SATURDAY IS GOING TO BE, BUT ALMOST. I THINK IT IS ABOUT TIME I HAVE A REALLY REALLY GOOD DAY! WELL, I PRETTY MUCH AM A BIG JERK FOR NOT TELLING ANYONE, BUT I TURNED MY MISSION PAPERS IN ON SUNDAY THE 2ND OF MARCH. WELL, I GUESS THE GENERAL AUTHORITIES HAD A STRONG FEELING OF WHERE I SHOULD GO- I GOT MY CALL JUST A WEEK AND A HALF LATER! WHICH EQUALS TODAY. I DIDN'T EXPECT TO GET MY CALL FOR ANOTHER WEEK, BUT THEN I OPENED THE MAIL BOX TO FIND A BIG WHITE ENVELOPE (THAT I COULD HAVE SWORN WAS GLOWING) WITH THE CHURCH OF JESUS CHRIST OF LATTER DAY SAINTS WRITTEN ON THE RETURN ADDRESS! I INSTANTLY STARTED TO CRY! I TOTALLY DON'T FEEL READY ALL OF A SUDDEN. BUT I'LL DO MY BEST. ANYWAY- I REALLY REALLY WANTED MY FAMILY ALL THERE TO SEE ME OPEN IT. SO THAT MY COUSINS COULD LOOK UP TO ME AND REMEMBER HOW EXCITING IT WAS. AND HOPE THAT IT WILL HELP THEM HAVE A STRONG DESIRE TO DO THE SAME AT THAT TIME IN THEIR LIVES. ANYWAY- I HAVE TRIED TO CALL EVERYONE, BUT IF YOU DIDN'T RECIEVE A CALL, I AM SORRY- EVERYONE IS INVITED TO COME WATCH ME OPEN IT. IT WILL BE SATURDAY AT 6:00PM AT MY HOME IN SANDY. BE EXCITED! AND PRAY I SERVE OUTSIDE THE COUNTRY! LOVE YOU ALL!






6 comments:

Lisa and DJ said...

WHAT the....??? Congrats Rachel!! We are meeting some of Dj's work clients in Park City Saturday night so we won't be able to be there. I'll call you as SOON as we're done eating....or even before. Love you!!

Mel said...

Can I come :) Cannot wait to hear! Congrats Rach...I am so proud of you!!

Kohnie said...

You better hide it from me or I might have to open it. haha. The suppense is killing me.

Lindsay said...

Yeah the suspense is killing me to! I am excited. I think we are coming, but I'll let you know for sure! :) It will be so fun to see where you are going. We sure love you! It was so fun to hang out with you this week.

krista said...

I am DYING to find out where you are going. Seriously, it's worse than not finding out the sex of a baby. I am trying to be patient until Saturday, but I can't stop wondering!!

Ali said...

You are crazy! If it were me that envelope would have been open before it made it inside the house!! Sorry that I cant be there to see you open it, I wish I could but you have to send me a text and let me know right away!