July 28, 08

Dear Family,

Hello, how are you all doing? I am just fine! I have had another week of hard hard missionary work. I feel so rushed on P day. I have so many people to write and I feel like I can never have enough time to say what I want to say. I had zone conference on Tuesday. It was awesome! Our mission President is so amazing. He is so smart and knows everything. He made me feel a little overwhelmed because I just want to be the best missionary. My companion and I are doing well and working well together. I am not getting many more bug bites, a little bit but not as bad as the first week. Our investigator Angela is ready for the Gospel, but we have not talked to her much because she is in the process of moving and she is really busy for another couple weeks, so we offer our help but she just needs to get settled. Keep her in your prayers. We get our investigators mostly by tracting. They are pretty good people out here! I love them already. We do have a referral here and there, but they usually go nowhere. Except Donald, our Buddhist friend. He has some pretty interesting stories to tell. I will write more about him later. Then there is Isreal, Juan, and Horasio. They do not have baptism dates anymore because they are not ready. We watched, “ The Testaments” with them the other day in Spanish and Isreal was crying. They are so cute. Brandon who is 21 is not progressing. He is suppose to be baptized on Aug 2nd but both my companion and I feel as though he is not ready.
I am really like my mission. It is way hard but I am hanging in there! I love you so much and hope you’re doing well.

Love,
Roach

3 comments:

Bastian's said...

Sounds like she is working so hard. I admire her so much. What a great example she is to us all. We continue to pray for her and her investigators. Love you!

Lindsay said...

Thanks for letting us read her letters.

Anonymous said...

Love to hear from her!:)