04.13.09

Well... I guess i will start off by telling you about my week. things went really well this weekend. We had 3 baptisms- DeeDee, Lee and Charles. Faith's baptism is going to wait til her mom can be there cause she wants to see it too.. so that will be about a week- maybe two. But the other baptisms went so well. The morning started off good... but then we left our apartment.. We got to Alex's house to find that they were babysitting 3 kids besides the 4 they already take care of... and we had to find them a ride to church... so when we did that, we realized that none of the kids had carseats and the members refused to take them if they didn't have carseats... so that was pretty crazy... We were running around like chickens with our heads cut off... but the members really stepped it up and helped- so then we were late to charles... and we got there and he wasn't there... so we weren't sure if he had left to church already or went somewhere else. So then we went back to Alexs and tried to find a ride for Ishiah because the ride for charles was going to get ishiah and angelo... so then we had to ask them to pick them up too... then we got to Angelo's to find he was bringing his 4 year old son who didn't have a car seat either... So that was fun... but it worked out. And as we were getting on the freeway to go to church we got a call from the other sisters saying that lee wasnt home when brother carver went to pick him up.. so we had to turn around and go to lee's... half way there, we got a call saying that he had made it. he rode his bike to the church in 30 min. (about 12 miles.) So we headed back to the church... on the way there, I was pulled over and given a ticket for speeding because i didn't want to miss Angelo's Confirmation- I know that was really stupid of me to speed- especially when i teach people everyday to obey and honor the law that includes speeding.. but i learned my lesson. Ended up that he was late too, so i didn't miss it.. and things worked out well. I got to the church during the sacrament and walked in and the room was just filled with all the people i had taught and baptized. It was the most amazing feeling ever.. As i was overwhelmed already, everything just didnt matter- the speeding ticket, the running around, the everything just didn't matter at that moment, and the real meaning of life just flooded my body- The spirit was so strong and tears just started streaming down my face. I wasn't crying- they just were coming out of my eyes because of the overwhelming joy that i felt. it was so amazing. So that was a really cool experience that i had yesterday. The baptism went really well. and we had a really good Easter. Alex and DeeDee invited us over for dinner and that was nice. we had a really good time over there. we gave them a picture of the Orlando Temple. That was an amazing moment when they told us that they were going to be sealed in the salt lake temple when they come to utah in a year to see us. That was so cool to hear. I cant wait for that day. I am so excited. That family is amazing .. I really wish you could meet them. I love them so much. I have always wanted to teach and baptize a family that could be sealed for eternity! Lee finished the Doctrine and Covenants in 8 days. He is pretty amazing. And Charles was so laid back about the whole thing. he looked so cute in White. i told him that he was my adopted grand-dad, and he was so excited. now everytime he prays, he thanks heavenly father for his two adopted grand-daughters to watch over them. That was so sweet. I love him so much. He is the sweetest man ever. So we had a really good week... We have nobody to teach except Faith and Phillip... we are going to have a really long finding week. I know that i keep saying that every week, but man, this week really is going to be tough... hahah... wish me luck. Hey i hope you have a really good week. I hope that everything is going well at home. I love you so much... Love, Sister Roach

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Speeding ticket? That's too bad! Sounds like a crazy time. She is so awesome though!

Anonymous said...

I have personally seen Sister Rch surrounded by those who she and her missionary companion, Sister Tt have invited to church. They all seem to be anxiously awaiting a word from her to comfort them, and as a good woman, she speaks to each one of them individually, whereby I have seen their faces beam with joy and happiness by her undivided attention. She is magnificient.Bless her heart. Her companion is absolutely exquisite as well.Bless her precious heart. Together they are well above being exemplar. LEE (bikeman)