Nov 10, 2008

I am sitting here in the mission office with 12 missionaries who are going home on wed. and with President Newman. They are all eating pizza and having last interviews with all the missionaries. sad :( so i have a few minutes to write this week. HOwever, it is really loud and distracting with lots of elders who are talking about going home and seeing their girlfriends. It is really hard. I am really sad that Chad didn't get to experience the feelings of coming home and being excited. Well, the zoo was fun. I took tons of pictures. but yeah... the zoo was absolutely the most fun thing that i have done on my mission. It was awesome. I have sad news about Malcolm. He got home on tues. and His dad had a heart attack on fri. night and passed away. It was really really sad. He is in so much pain. But i wish i could explain to you how happy i am that i got to teach him the plan of salvation- and i got to review it with him on the phone last night. It was really cool.. but if you could just keep him in your prayers for a while that would be nice. He is really excited to go to the temple and do his dad's work for him. Lea is doing great. She said she would make a decision about baptism by Thanksgiving and she also said her decision would probably be yes. but she is still just making sure.. which is really good. She is progressing alot. Im glad you got to talk to Norman. My allergies are doing better. I took 3 Claritin D and then they just went away completely, but i will let you know if anything changes. Well, sister DeMann is going home on Wed. it is pretty crazy. I will be staying with the sisters in Downtown Jacksonville (mandarin) until thursday morning when i go to the church to meet my new companion. I don't know her name, but i do know that she will be new. President newman called this morning and asked if i could serve as a trainer. I am pretty excited! I will let you know how it goes ASAP. i am excited. I will need lots of prayers. Well... I better get going cause i have so much going on behind me with all the elders and i want to be kind of a part of it. Anyway- I hope you have a wonderful week and i hope that all is giong well at home. Tell every one hello for me and i will write you a letter today.
Love always, Sister Roach

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Trainer eh? Cool! She'll be great.

Anonymous said...

Rach will be a great Sr. Comp and Trainer. What a blessing her comp will have being her as a trainer. Our prayers are with her.