Nov. 11, 08

How are you guys...? Thanksgiving- well... We probably arent getting a thanksgiving. We cant find anyone to come with us as a nonmember- and that is the rule this year... we are trying so hard and asking everyone if they have plans, but everyone already does... So that is way sad... We might just have to tract and contact all day and make phone calls and work on the regular missionary stuff... It wont feel like Thanksgiving- Just like any other day... But hopefully we'll find someone to help us out! Sis. DeMann's homecoming is next sunday. I have not talked to Malcolm- He doesnt call us and we aren't allowed to call him because he is out of our mission- So that is sad, but the members of the branch call him often. I guess he is doing well. He got a hold of the bishop there and the missionaries... so he is in good hands. As for our investigators.... I am not teaching Jutt because i was in Jacksonville when we found him, he is for the other sisters to teach- So im not sure how that is going... good i hope. As for the other people we have been finding.... Wendy is dropped, Kristina is dropped and Chris gave us bad info... phone number and address.... But that is ok.. because we are sifting out the bad to find the good. Nicole on the other hand actually has a baptismal date for this sat. I hope all goes well and that we can get her in that water. We also found another little girl who is Kat's friend that we actually found through our own efforts. Her name is Brittney. She is getting baptized on the 6th. I am so excited for her. brittney has been through a lot... she is 13 and so sweet... We walked up to her door and she said she knew Kat- and so we said "DId Kat tell you about her baptism?" and she was like- "Yeah...she showed me pictures... and ummm... i was wondering how i can be baptized." it was so awesome... so we are teaching her. i love her instantly. As for the area, it is picking up because we have worked like no other.... I love my mission. I appreciate you supporting me out here. I would rather be no other place than here right now. This is worth everything i had to go through to get here... I love the work... I love the Lord. I love how much i love it... And i hope you feel the same way... I love you guys so much and look forward to talking to you in a month... I am excited. be safe and healthy and happy.
Love always,
Roach

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh I miss her! I think that time is going SO SLOW!:)